We Moved!


We Moved! We Moved! We Moved!

Please reset your bookmarks and follow the new blog:




11.3.08

This is my Biggest Fear

Whenever I see posts like the one I am about to share I have a little flutter in my chest. You see I have quite a collection of vintage treasures and not a bad current designer collection as well. What if I die? Which I know is inevitable of course, but still.... What does a girl do with all of her treasures when that day comes? I shudder at the thought. I actually have a list of my key personal pieces that must be adopted by certain fabulous girls I know under the kudos that they must keep them forever and pass them down (and when they do pass them down the new owners better damn well treasure 'em too). The rest of the collection? It's still up for discussion, so I just hope I don't die in the very near future. This is after all, a very important decision making process that takes time and effort.

And it's Ok to say this out loud to all of you. I don't care if I sound shallow. Parts of me are, silly. We all know I have issues when it comes to this kind of stuff. An addiction is an addiction. Mine is just to beautiful clothes. And shoes. and bags. Oh and maybe to really good vintage jewelery.... ok wait, make that jewelery period. And coats - I am really addicted to coats, and yes I know coats are clothes but they are not really if you think about it- they are sort of, more of, an accessory ......sigh...anyway back to the point.......

Leona Helmsley's little corner on the couture and vintage world, is going on the auction block and it is somewhat ironic that as one of her final gestures the media named "Queen of Mean" has arranged for her proceeds to go to her charity foundation.

What a bitch huh?
(and just in case you are just having your morning coffee and are not quite awake - that was meant to be read in your head your mostest sarcastic voice possible)



Yep that is Leona - in her younger years - just wanted to share a happy picture of her.
Even if she did have the most terrible reputation - at some point she was this happy woman.



Here's the article from Vogue:

AN IMPRESSIVE collection of designer pieces from the closet of the late "Queen of Mean" Leona Helmsley will be auctioned off on May 18 at Leslie Hindman Auctioneers in Chicago. Among the billionaire's impressive collection is an assortment of fur coats, designer gowns and some 250 pairs of shoes by Salvatore Ferragamo. Collectors will be bidding for vintage pieces - worth an estimated $100,000 - from designers such as Christian Dior, Yves Saint Laurent and Bob Mackey. Even the Chanel skirt worn by Helmsley during her infamous tax evasion trial will be on the auction block. All proceeds from the sales will be donated to the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust. (March 11 2008, AM) Sibeal Pounder

No comments:

Web Analytics