We Moved!


We Moved! We Moved! We Moved!

Please reset your bookmarks and follow the new blog:




23.3.08

We Are Launching A NEWLY DESIGNED SITE SOON

We are doing a redesign of the site and expect to launch by May the 1st but we want YOUR input as we put the final touches on the new site!
YOU are the girls who shop here so in a way it's YOUR site & we want you to tell us how to make it perfect for you Please go to THE NEW SITE link on the first page of Shrimpton Couture by clicking HERE to see what we need from you idea wise and to send us your most fabulous suggestions!
Everyone who sends a suggestion will be automatically entered in a draw for a $100 gift certificate. Why be one fabulous girl thinking on her own when I have all of you smart, brilliant, creative & wonderful vintage loving girls!
Here is the TWO things that WILL change for sure:
1. The shop page will be broken into categorie on individual pages -
NO MORE SCROLLING ALL THE WAY DOWN A PAGE
2. We will have a proper shopping art so you can buy and pay for multiple items at once
Now I need to know what YOU want
Do you want to search by category as it is now OR by decade?
Do you want all the shop items accessible from one main point or would you like links across the top for each category - ei clothes, jewellery, etc
Do you like a website with fancy stuff?
Music, slideshows, fades?
If YOU where re-doing the site what would you do?
xoxoxoxo
The Shrimpton Team

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of the categories across the top of the page. It keeps it organized and easily accessible. Another suggestion that I have, would be to set the checkout process in a simplistic manner. Accessibility to review and change the items in your cart, without having to go back several pages to do it!

Unknown said...

Hi thanks for your suggestions! I am happy to tell you that the check out sytem will be exactly a you have asked - its a true shopping cart system that you will be able to add items to or take away and then pay for all at once!

I am also looking at adding a system where you can log in and keep a "wish" book where you can add items you liek to review and compare!!

grannyvon said...

Add catagories but also a section for size, color, price range, etc.

Unknown said...

Yvonne that is a great idea - I cannot honestly say if that will happen in this first round of the redesign but I will keep that one for the future! AND I can tell you that you will have access to a quick search button that you can search the site by key words - ei a designer name etc

Anonymous said...

I think you should def NOT have fades and slide shows and music.I HATE that stuff on websites, it just makes it extra fussy and hard to navigate. Also, what if I was slacking off at work? The music would alert everyone to my slackitude. >__> If I come across an internet store with those things, I usually close the window and never go back, unless I already know that there is something I REALLY want from it.

Unknown said...

LOL Exactly - listen I use to shop at the office too - you are talking to a Master Shopper here - like gold belt level. NO MUSIC EVER! I absolutely promise!

Claudia said...

Would it be possible to search by category AND by decade? In other words: Jewelry-->Rings-->1950s. Also, in my opinion, simpler is better! I would definitely vote against the music, slideshows, and fades. Those kinds of things just tend to slow down the works.

Anonymous said...

I think that you should have a sidebar or top bar with links to each category and a link for viewing all items. Sometimes you are searching for something specific at shops and sometimes you want to browse everything, so I think it might be a good idea.

halljanene said...

I think it would be helpful to have a sorting feature. This feature would allow users to sort products from a search result by price, relevance, etc.

Web Analytics