We Moved!


We Moved! We Moved! We Moved!

Please reset your bookmarks and follow the new blog:




15.5.09

The New York City Ballet Gala


I don't know if it is the influence of the ballet, but for some reason the gowns worn to this gala have a little bit extra romance to them. I have pulled some of my favorites.
See if you agree
Now I cannot honestly say that I love every gown in this picture but look at the pink Dior. That is an unbelievable dress. I love his stark sculptural references to the best of the 1950s couture he used this season.

Susan Krysiewicz, in Oscar de la Renta; Pamela Joyner, in Christian Dior; Alexandra Lebenthal, in Douglas Hannant; and Michelle Herbert

Janie Taylor, in Monique Lhuillier
Reminiscent of the grand ball gowns of the 1930s

Allison Sarofim, in Giambattista Valli; Hamish Bowles; and Anh Duong, in 3.1 Phillip Lim.


Here is Hope Atherton in a red caftan dress.
It looks to be vintage doesn't it?


Lisa Maria Falcone, in Naeem Khan. I am in awe of the Naeem Khan label recently. This gown looks like it is made from fine, pink lame lace from the 1920s. It is truly astonishing. This is my hands down favorite gown of the night & I think it belongs in my closet!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I want to be Anh Duong! Or at least be as mysteriously sexy and tall, which I'm not at all!

Web Analytics