We Moved!


We Moved! We Moved! We Moved!

Please reset your bookmarks and follow the new blog:




6.1.10

Enamoured

If you follow me on Twitter you know that we recently added to the household - we now have a second Great Dane puppy - his name is Ford and he is already growing like a weed. He was a darling boy for the first two weeks and now he is beginning to come into his own and turn into a proper little boy-dog-child and properly show that yes he does have a devil side.

I now spend a good portion of the day speaking in a Mom voice (which I did not even do when my own son was little) and trying to untangle three dogs and teach them all manners. (we also have a 3 lb chihuahua that has somehow deemed that she will tolerate us all).

At the moment all three are on the second floor and I can hear three sized feet - one small set, one very large set and one set that is well on the way to becoming Very Very Very Large, all three thumping about on my recently installed wood floors. I can tell from the thumps that Coco is lording over the other two and that Ford is chasing the littlest one about while she ducks under furniture and then stands her ground like the bravest of little soldiers - only doing so of course because she knows that Ford is already too big to get under there with her.

In the midst of all this I am resigning myself to NOT use my Mom voice and attempt to ignore them all for at least as long as it takes to write this.

I decided to look at The Shelby blog and have become enamored with this shot


Doesn't it look quite and calm?

Although I have to be honest - my next thought was how nice it would be to curl up on those same couches with all three of my dogs and maybe make room for My Guy too.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on your newest addition!!! I would much rather have a day spent with a furry friend or three. ENJOY!!!

Livie said...

omg i can't believe that you have that many dogs! that's awesome. great danes are sooo cute.

hubby says i can get a dog this year but we'll need to put in our new bamboo floors first. haven't decided on a breed yet.

Web Analytics