We Moved!


We Moved! We Moved! We Moved!

Please reset your bookmarks and follow the new blog:




14.4.08

Diary of vintage girl

I spent 10 hours yesterday transferring descriptions, measurements, etc etc over to the new site. I am about half way done. Another 2 days of solid work to get all of the old over and then 2 days to get a whole crop of new items uploaded (and super, super fabulous - seriously I am going to have to stop myself form buying my own stuff)

Then we go live!

Its like I am giving birth except it takes longer
_________________________

I have to share something that made me smile this morning. So there are 3 things you need to know before I share this story. First is that I steal hotel soap. My Guy and I travel all over the world between our various endeavors and everywhere I go I steal the soap. Or, as I like to say - I am just saving it to use later. We are pretty lucky in that we tend to stay in some nice places so the soap is usually great - the last trip I scored a weeks worth of Bliss soaps - it was like the holy grail of soap stealing!

The second thing is that I am a little obsessive when it comes to being organized (Mom if you are reading this I swear it is true - I have somehow gotten away from my knee-deep in clothes teenage room self).

And the third is that My Guy teases me for both things and thought it utterly silly when he found out I was a soap stealer ...err ....saver.


My Guy just came back from a week long trip way up north in bum F**k nowhere to oversee a job for our "other" life in the non-vintage world. When you go to places like that you stay in ratty motels at best, because there is nowhere else to stay when you are that remote. This morning I was putting away some of his stuff (yeah I do that - but its because I love him not because I am one of "those" women - you know what I am talking about too) and in his toiletry bag are soaps.

The cheapest, crappiest, motel on the side of the road, probably give you a rash, kind of soap

God I love him

It almost made me cry

________________________

On a more non-sappy note here are my new Dries shoes.

Are they not stunning? Don't you love how each of this pairs pattern is different?
I cannot wait till its warm enough to wear them!!!


2 comments:

WendyB said...

OMG! Those shoes are hot!

WendyB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Web Analytics