We Moved!


We Moved! We Moved! We Moved!

Please reset your bookmarks and follow the new blog:




29.6.09

Shrimpton Welcomes Lousie Black!


I was going to do a post on welcoming Louise Black but my e-friend Denise, writer extraordinaire of The Swelle Life blog, did such a lovely job covering the new collection that I am going to take the liberty of copying her post here for you all to see!

I am REALLY excited to welcome Louise to the Shrimpton family - her items are unbelieveable - if oyu think they look good in the photos wait till your piece arrives in the mail! There are some HUGE thiings coming up for Louise that I am sworn to secrecy on but trust me - this girl is ging to be BIG. Buy her now while you can get it!
_________________________

June 29, 2009

Louise Black's Victorian Beauties for Shrimpton Couture

Collages3


My favourite vintage shop, Shrimpton Couture, has embarked on an exciting venture and enlisted the talents of a handful of carefully chosen independent accessories designers to create one-of-a-kind capsule collections for the boutique. Each is known for using special vintage materials that befit their own unique style and their creations are the perfect complement to the outstanding collection of vintage and reworked clothing that Shrimpton Couture offers.

The latest set of adornments comes courtesy of Louise Black whose richly detailed Victorian pieces favour delicate vintage laces and fringe and exquisite beadwork. The story goes that Courtney Love - a client of both Louise and Shrimpton Couture - suggested the two collaborate!

The Swelle Life1-1

How I missed posting on the recent collection from The Glamourai I have no idea because I was completely smitten at first glance with her latest. It was influenced by the Sofia Coppola film Marie Antoinette and certainly captured the decadent, feminine styling at its best. My favourite piece went before it was even in the shop due to a frenzied reaction to a preview, so it's now with a lucky owner but I'm going to show it anyway:

Shrimpton_glam4

However, somehow this piece is still available and is equally as luscious:

Shrimpton_glam3

And a little something for the wrist, perhaps?

Shrimpton_glam2

Shrimpton

Modelled by The Glamourai herself along with another stunning
neckpiece that got snapped up immediately

Watch the Shrimpton Couture boutique for two more mouthwatering jewelry collections arriving soon. And fashion fans won't want to miss the Shrimpton Couture interview for Herald de Paris in which Norma Kamali answers questions from twitterers (tweeters? I'm not sure) including one from Yours Truly about the future of vintage.
You can read the article here

5 comments:

Jill said...

Check out Boudoir Queen. I have a link on my sidebar. She might be perfect for you. She designs the stage costumes for The Veronicas and also has an extensive line of vintage. Her new website is very cool. I've never seen anything quite like it.
Jill

PS...I wear my green Aztec necklace (that's what I call it) all of the time and get tons of compliments. If I'm ever with a camera, I'll take a photo, post it and link back to you. I just love it!

Jill said...

I'm linking to you July 2nd. I love the big bib necklace from The Glamourai...it's not shown on this post though.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jill! and you are right the boudoir Queen website is fabulous. Dawn contacted me about her line already actually! I have four other designers to launch that work with reconstructed vintage and don't want to get overwhelmed so had decided to wait to get everyone launched and going till I look at any other new designers! I hope to grow my little boutique within a boutique in a way that each designer sees success!! She is def on the list though and I am glad to hear feedback from a client that she is a fave!

PS wait till you see the next set of bib necklaces coming from The Glamourai!!

PSS SEND pics - am dying to see :-)

alexkeller said...

swell life did do a good job! i've been wanting to work on a bib style necklace too - so hard with a 3 year old running around to get anything done. can't wait to see!

tanyahopkins said...

i'm right there w/jill! i've been following this blog fabulousness for awhile now:
http://boudoirqueen.typepad.com/

the glamourai bibs i've seen are gorgeous! can't wait to see more!

Web Analytics