We Moved!


We Moved! We Moved! We Moved!

Please reset your bookmarks and follow the new blog:




15.12.09

I Die!


This story is on the NY Times Style Magazine blog today - I think I am in heaven!
AND I am soooooo proud of my latest designer team
- Silhouettes & Profiles -
their beautiful items deserve the accolades!
______________________________________

Shop Talk | Silhouettes and Profiles

kira
Courtesy of Shrimpton Couture


The designers behind Silhouettes and Profiles made “The Kira” with leftover metallic lace from an Oscar de la Renta collection.

Since I wear only vintage clothes, I spend a lot of time at Silhouettes and Profiles. The brilliant Irene Tcherniakhovsky has been perfecting my wardrobe there for the last 10 years. Recently I was bringing in a pile of repairs and I noticed this dress on display. Assuming it belonged to a customer, I checked for a label, but Irene told me that she and her co-worker, Anna Drugovahad, designed the dress. It’s called “The Kira” — black lace with a slightly empire waist and a wide grosgrain ribbon that subtly shapes the garment and makes it flattering to every figure. It’s the perfect party dress. It comes in four different fabrics, including a metallic lace left over from an Oscar de la Renta collection, and the quality is on the level of couture. At $500 dollars, “The Kira” is the best dress I have seen in a long time. It almost looks vintage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This kicks serious butt!!! congratulations!!!

Sandra @ Debutanteclothing.com said...

I loved this dress when I first saw it yesterday! OMG. Such a great new collection you have added Cherie. And congrats on the great press to both of you.

I can't seem to find it on the NY Time blog though. Got a link?

Vix said...

Congratulations! That dress is stunning.
Vix
xxx

Web Analytics