We Moved!


We Moved! We Moved! We Moved!

Please reset your bookmarks and follow the new blog:




8.5.07

HUGE MET Costume Institute Gala Vintage Photo Post

The annual Costume Institute Gala took place Monday night at Manhattan's Metropolitan Opera House. This year's event celebrated the work of Paul Poiret, an artist and couturier considered France's "King of Fashion" before World War I.

Cate Blanchette, creative director of Balenciaga Nicolas Ghesquiere and Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour co-chaired the spectacular event.

There where tons of great vintage frocks that made appearances so here are all that I could find for you to peruse!

Top honors go to Dr, Lisa Airan who wore an ORIGINAL PAUL POIRET cape!

OK, so the picture is not the best but I have a feeling it is just a bad angle. Cause you know as well as I that that cape of art and I would just about die if I owned it! Sigh how glorious is it that a piece over a hundred years old can still be taken out and worn to what is referred to as "The party of the Year"? If this does not illustrate why vintage is just the best thing on the planet then I don't know how else to convey it!





Jennifer Gardiner (pictured with the master hinself - Valentino) in Vintage Valentino Haute Couture

And Juliette Lewis looking almost like a normal girl in a stunning vintage gown














Original Super Model Naomi Campbell and New Super Model Daria both showed up decked out in vintage Azzedine Alaia...



Hmmm I should start looking for him for the site no?


























Here is Vogue's Meredith Melling Burke in a custom Brian Reyes dress but doesn't that spectacular fur trimmed lame capelet look original 20's?
Vogue are you reading?
Let us know!


Here's Karolina Kurkova in Cavalli but my vintage sense is going off for this one as well! I would swear that the cape she is wearing is 20's - they are at a gala honoring Poiret after all! THAT my darlings is a f*^%^king gorgeous work of art.




These two are not vintage at all but are two of the best dresses regardless and are styled on vintage lines - love them both!

Jennifer Lopez in Marchesa
(is she their poster girl lately or what?)

And Selita Ebanks with nick Cannon in a stunning gown!





My Favorite dress of the night even if it is not vintage (but it will be one day!) A stunning full-length Burberry gown.

I so need to own this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I would have had no idea that all those dresses where vintage! It astounds me how many celebrities buy and wear vintage! So cool!

Anonymous said...

love the vintage

Web Analytics