We Moved!


We Moved! We Moved! We Moved!

Please reset your bookmarks and follow the new blog:




6.10.08

Being the shoe slut that I am.......

..part of me had a bit of a weep when I read on the style file blog that Marc Jacobs gave these Louis Vuitton platforms after his show to his favorite editors. OK so they are over the top but I happen to be a girl who likes over the top. Maybe later this week I will post my new Feragamos and Alexander McQueens that I just bought (even while slightly throwing up at the cost, but Derrick at Holt Renfrew held my hand and made it OK - well he held it so my signature did not shake on the slip but whatever right). I want these shoes. They are oddly fabulously strangely compelling in the midst of their absolute absurdity. And you have NO IDEA how fucking fabulous a vintage dress can get when you mix some over-the-top up-to-the minute shoe.
Just imagine these with a strict and severe cut silk tailored black 1940sor 1950s dress like this one from Shrimpton Couture with a pleated but demure bustle back - the dichotomy of the two would create this crazy yet fabulous mix. Add a great over-sized clutch in an interesting skin in one of those colors and how fabulous would that be? So if you are an editor who got your FREE pair and you are so-last-season over them already and you just happen to be a 7 1/2
....just email me darling

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those shoes are 10-car-pile-up fabulous! And I agree would look absolutely stunning with a vintage dress...I wish they were mine!

Anonymous said...

Oh, he's just buying favors... Not to mention the shoes are gorgeous, but he also gotta have some gorgeous reviews for his shows, right? :)

I'm not one of'em (lucky editors) but I can see how the game is played and to my greatest sorrow I'd rather have my integrity still than a pair of (even so drop dead gorgeous) LV shoes!

However, if I would've had'em and matched sizes, they would've been in your mail already!

Trendy Gourmandise said...

amazing shoes

Web Analytics